Friday, May 29, 2009

Show us where you live Friday - Kid's Rooms Edition



So the bad part about today is that I am home sick. I was up all night throwing up, but thankfully I am feeling much better. I think it must have been something I ate for it to be better so quickly. Anyway, since I am home, I thought I would participate in Kelly's 'Show us where you live Friday'. Every week a different room in the house is highlighted and lots of people link their blog to hers showing off that particular room in their house. It's a lot of fun to see other people's houses and to get some good decorating ideas. So, without further ado ~~~

Here is the view going into J's room. Here is the wall that the crib is on. It took Dan and I a long time to get this wall figured out. It has 3 different colors on it. The tan and green colors are textured paint to add a little depth to the room. We really liked how it turned out. I want to put something on the wall over his crib but I am too afraid that whatever I put there will fall of the wall and knock him out while he is sleeping, haha. Here's J's cute dino bank that he got for xmas. He absolutely loves putting his "monies" in the dinosaurs mouth and says "Yummy in my tummy!" Here is his dresser and changing table for now. I guess it will lose the changing part at some point over the next year. We never put the crib quilt in his crib and I liked it too much to just put it away. So, my mom gave me a quilt hanger shelf so I could make it a piece of art for his room. The picture on the top of the shelf is one from his 18 week ultrasound. Here is our rocking corner. The rocker was the same rocker that my mom used with my sisters and brother for the past 12 years. She re-upholstered it a dark green to go with the room. On the back of the rocker is an adorable blanket made by a close family friend of Dan's family. All she knew was that our nursery was animal themed and somehow she made the blanket match so well! Behind the rocker is a very cute frame with the song that was sung at his baptism along with the date he was baptized. I still need to get a picture in there from his baptism...oops.
And last but not least, here is his closet. I would say he has quite a few polo shirts. What do you think? haha. I hope you enjoyed the tour of J's room. If you are interested in seeing other people's kids rooms and nurseries, head on over to Kelly's blog and check out all of the links! Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that painted wall!

Lyryn said...

I love the square wall!! SOOOOOO CUTE!

Blessed Beyond said...

what a cute room. I love the square wall, and I agree, that crib quilt is too cute! It makes a great wall hanging.

Stoots Family said...

I love that painted wall too! It is incredible!

Courtney said...

Great room. I love the painted blocks on the wall.