Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Let's go State!

Last weekend I was so excited to have a nice college football Saturday and cheer PSU onto their 2nd victory! The weather was so cool that it just felt like the perfect "fall" day to watch college football. I did panic a bit when I looked at the TV schedule and realized that the Penn State game was on the Big 10 network which we did not get. Have no fear, my wonderful husband went ahead and ordered the Big 10 network just so I could watch my Nittany Lions this football season. Isn't he great?!?! I decided earlier in the week that I am going to try and make a new dip recipe every football Saturday that we are at home thanks to a fellow blogger's (BooMama)wonderful idea to do a 'Diptacular Blog Carnival' on her blog. The first dip I chose to try was a 'White Rotel Dip'. I have heard so many praises about Rotel on other people's blogs...mostly some wonderful southern ladies...and have been wanting to try it :) This dip was so easy to make and so fast! We ate it with tostitos and fritos and it was just wonderful! Here is the recipe if you want to try it out for yourself.
White Rotel Dip

3 packages of pork sausage (mild or spicy is fine - but use at least 1 maple-flavored)
4 packages of cream cheese
2 cans of Rotel tomatoes


Brown sausage and drain. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients and heat until cheese is melted, being careful to stir often. Serve with tortilla chips.


While the dip was a success, we did have one minor disaster. We DVR'd the game so we could watch it while Jarred took his nap. So, Jarred was just finishing his lunch and getting ready to go down for his nap while I was finishing up the dip and other lunch foods. Since we wanted to watch the game while we ate, I set up some TV trays in the living room with the dip, chips, wings, etc. Well Jarred wanted some chips so he climbed up on the couch beside me. Soon thereafter he says "Mommy, what's this?" just as he leans forward and the tray table tips over sending the dip and my soda flying across the living room! It flew so far that it splattered all over the white carpet and wall. I really should have taken a picture of the mess! Needless to say, it was time for Jarred to go take his nap :) It did all come out of the carpet so that was great news for us!
(even the cat wanted some :) )

On Sunday we celebrated my father-in-law's 60th birthday by throwing him a surprise party. I think he was actually surprised! Happy Birthday, Grandad! Here are some pictures from the party. Enjoy!









No comments: