Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkins and Pirates

We finally got to go to the pumpkin patch last weekend. I have to admit I was getting a little panicked that we weren't going to make our annual trip and was getting a little pouty :( Have no fear, we squished and squashed through the mud and picked out our pumpkins. I was a little disappointed in the selection this year, but oh well, at least we made it there. Jarred had fun picking up all of the pumpkins and then dropping them back on the ground when he saw another one he liked better. We didn't do the corn maze this year because of all of the mud from the rain we have been getting lately. There's always next year.

Jarred decided he wanted to be a pirate this year like Captain Moody in one of the Backyardigans episodes. I figured this would be the last year that I would get to pick his costume and I wanted him to be a cute little dinosaur. Little did I know he had already decided what he was going to be. I have to admit he made a pretty cute pirate :) I took off work Friday so I could go to his school's Halloween parade. I think he was very surprised to see me there. I did get him on video when he realized that I was standing there watching. It was too cute.




Last night we hung out with the neighbors and the boys all carved pumpkins outside. Well, Dan and Chris carved the pumpkins and Jarred and Christopher made 'pumpkin soup' out of the pumpkin guts :) I'm so glad we have such great neighbors that we get along with and the kids are friends!




Tonight (Halloween) James and Sloane, Kathy, Matt and Ethan came up for baked potato soup and some trick-or-treating. Just as we left the house it started to rain. J and E didn't seem to mind one bit though. They both did a good job of saying "Trick or Treat" and "Thank you" at every house. Though I think Jarred's favorite thing to say as soon as he got his candy was "Let's go to the next house." He was in heaven getting so much candy. Even though it was a very soggy Halloween night, we all still had fun.

Now we sit here and wait for Game 3 of the World Series to start. Let's Go Yankees! Or as Jarred says, "Let's go Ankees!" and "Phillies stinks!" :) Oh and we can't forget, "We Are....Penn State!" (Pardon the very messy shirt)


No comments: