Tuesday, July 7, 2009

5 years!

On June 26th, Dan and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. I cannot believe it has been 5 years already! It really seems like yesterday that we were planning the wedding and enjoying that magical day. I think it has been a pretty successful 5 years for us: moving in together, owning our first house, moving into our 2nd house, bringing our beautiful son into the world, and just loving our little family. This isn't to say that it's been all peaches and cream. We have definitely had our battle moments which can get pretty ugly. But, the most important thing that shines through to me is that we always make it through those tough days and are there for each other and come out on the other side loving each other even more. I never knew I could fall in love with him more that day we said 'I do', but I keep being surprised and somehow I keep falling in deeper.

So, for this momentous anniversary, Dan completely surprised me and planned a nice weekend getaway (he even packed my suitcase so I wouldn't get any clues). J stayed at Grammy and Grandad's house and had a blast. He loved playing all of Grandad's instruments.

We got up and hit the road bright and early on Saturday morning. All I knew was that we were playing golf somewhere first. After a bit of a drive, we ended up pulling into this absolutely beautiful golf course (Ballyowen). The course was the prettiest course I have ever played on...and the hardest for that matter! It was so nice that Dan and I didn't get paired up with anyone for our round of golf. We did have a few rain showers but in all honesty I thought that just added to some of the excitement and fun.

After golf, we got in the car and drove a few miles down the road. When we made the turn off of the main road all I could see was another golf course on the hill. For a brief moment, I really thought we were playing another round of golf and I started to panic. Dan really enjoyed my moment of panic, haha. Once we passed the golf course, we pulled into the Grand Cascades Lodge. It was absolutely breathtaking! We had some downtime before our dinner reservations so we walked around and took in some of the scenery. After dinner, we walked around the grounds and enjoyed a dip in one of the 4 pools. The pools were absolutely beautiful! We also enjoyed roasting marshmallows around a campfire. It was so nice to sleep in on Sunday morning and relax. My last surprise of the weekend was a couples massage which was just heavenly! Dan really did a great job planning our perfect anniversary weekend. Enjoy the pictures! (Remember to pause the music at the bottom of the blog before starting the slide shows).



Dan,
You are the best husband a woman could ask for. I may get on your case for not doing the dishes or cleaning up the house, but you give me everything I need. You love me unconditionally and are always thinking of me and putting my thoughts and feelings first. Thank you for taking care of me and for loving me the way you do. You are a wonderful father who would do absolutely anything for our son. I love watching you love him. I can't wait for the next 5 years, and the 5 after that, and the 5 after that, and well you get my drift. I love you with all my heart!

No comments: