Friday, July 31, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Wedding Party and Flowers/Ceremony

This week Kelly from Kelly's Korner is hosting the 'Show Us Your Life - Wedding Party and Flowers/Ceremony' blog carnival. This is one thing that I thought I could take part in again.

The Wedding Party:
The Bridesmaids - My girls wore a dark red strapless dress with some beading on the bodice. I think they all looked absolutely beautiful! My best friend from college, Beth, was my maid of honor. My bridesmaids were Erin (another best friend from college), Kathy (Dan's sister), and Sarah (my cousin). My sister, Taylor, was my junior bridesmaid. She was 7 and looked so pretty in her white dress!
My youngest sister, Hannah, was my flower girl. She was 4 and did a great job walking down the aisle!
My mom was way too young to wear a traditional 'mother of the bride' dress so she wore a gorgeous bridesmaid dress instead. It even had a tiny train to be bustled for the reception :) Don't my mom and Dad look great?!
The Groomsmen - Dan and his boys looked so handsome in their tuxes that day! His brother James was his best man. Both NJ and TX are well represented in the groomsmen :)
The Flowers:
I carried a bouquet with red roses and white Cala lillies in it. The bridesmaids all carried Cala lillies. They were just gorgeous even though Taylor's looked mangled by the end of the ceremony :) Sadly, I didn't get any pics of just the flowers, but you can see them in other pics.

The Ceremony:
We had two pastors officiate our wedding. My grandpa is a retired pastor. He baptized me when I was a baby, confirmed me as a teen, and he did our vows at our wedding. It was such a special moment for us! Pastor Mark was our other pastor and he was the pastor of my parent's church at the time where we got married. We were very blessed to have him as a part of our wedding.
Time felt like it froze as the doors opened for me to walk down the aisle. Then I saw Dan with a huge smile on his face and it felt like it was only the 2 of us in this place. We had both of our moms light the family candles at the beginning of the service for the unity candle lighting.

Here are a few more pics from after the ceremony. I think the best one is the candid that the photographer was able to get of my dad paying Hannah $5 so she would smile for the pictures after the ceremony. She had fallen asleep during the ceremony and wasn't too happy when she woke up :)


Sorry for the overabundance of pictures! I hope you had fun anyway looking back at my wedding day. If you want to see other beautiful brides on their wedding day, check out Kelly's Korner Blog.

No comments: